Tuesday, March 01, 2005

What are you but my reflection?

Yesterday was a fabulous day. It was probably so great because I had very low expectations of it (blizzard, computer fuck-ups at work, my sad little heart-mode).

Yeah, there was a blizzard. I still went out.

Yeah, there was a computer fuck-up at work. My boss sent us home early

Yeah, my heart was sad. But a half-day can do wonders for that.

And I finally got contacts. I am four-eyes no more. Superb.

I met up with Devon at this bar on the Lower East Side called HiFi. It was seriously the most incredible jukebox I have ever beheld. I just keep raving about it to people. There's really no way to describe how extensive of a collection they have. I think the owner is a musician and he personally constructed the jukebox himself. It's insane. Let me see if I can remember my playlists (so show the fabulous nature of the j'box):

-Decemberists-eh, I can never remember the names
-Elastica- Car Song
-Nada Surf-Blizzard of '77
-Belle and Sebastian-Judy and the Dream of Horses (this I did in honor of Kristen, and I had to fight back getting up and dancing because I was mid-conversation when it played)
-The Donnas-Take it off (no surprise on that one)

Eh. I was drinking, so I forgot a lot of what I played. But come on, how many jukeboxes have Belle and Sebastian? It was great. I fell in love with it. I spent a lot of money on it, too. I kinda want to go back by myself and just put a lot of money into that thing and just sit and listen to it. I hate it when my songs play and I have to talk to someone. "This is my song! There's a reason I parted with a dollar and it was so I could hear this song!"

Devon invited his friend Juliette so we could meet. I have a new friend. And it's a GIRL. Something I'm most excited about. This girl is a trip--funny and sarcastic. Mid-happy hour, she invited us back to her place where she cooked for us. I'm already in love with her.

I laughed a lot, I held onto my possessions, I didn't black out, I was in bed by midnight, I made a new friend, I listened to a lot of music, ate some yummy food, maybe sent out a few drunk emails (I was REALLY excited about that jukebox), and settled into my womb bed where I had pleasant dreams.

Not bad for a Monday.

7 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger kss said...

yipee im glad the day was good-ish
day sans work = good

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah- I love Nada Surf! And Elastica! And The Donnas! Yeah for good jukeboxes!

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah- I love Nada Surf! And Elastica! And The Donnas! Yeah for good jukeboxes!

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah- I love Nada Surf! And Elastica! And The Donnas! Yeah for good jukeboxes!

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah- I love Nada Surf! And Elastica! And The Donnas! Yeah for good jukeboxes!

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah- I love Nada Surf! And Elastica! And The Donnas! Yeah for good jukeboxes!

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something went horribly wrong there- sorry, I didn't mean to post the same comment 6 times. I'm just computer retarded apparantly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home