Monday, October 17, 2005

Seasoned Season

I feel like I should write something
But it could be all lies
The thing with everything turning colors
Is that nothing stays the same
And as things change, as summer ends
What is real becomes elusive
And so everything is misrepresented
Everything is a lie
That tree is not green, it is dying
You are not smiling
Neither am I
Though my pearly whites glare back at you
I have scraped from the skin of my teeth
The tears in the back of my mind
But it could just be something in my eye
I divulge my secrets
[this being my letter to the world]
But you don't know what I keep from you
What I have done to get by
Where I have sought comfort and annihilation
But 'tis the season for secrets
Because that tree is not green, my darling
It is just waiting to die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home