Monday, January 03, 2005

let us go then, you and I...

This is a lost LiveJournal entry that never got posted about a dream that I've had about 3 times.


we were on a wooden raft, drifting at sea. it's very, very bright. and the water is terribly calm and clear and turquoise. it's very bright as well. and though in dreams you know there was a context that the dream doesn't inform you of, it's strange because obviously something bad had to have happened for you two to be drifting on a raft.

but we are very peaceful. almost happy, even. behind him is an island and he is looking towards the expanse of the sea.

he takes my hand.

"can you see the shore?"

"yes. and it's beautiful."

"i wish i could see it."

"well, turn around. it's there."

"i can't. i'm blind in one eye."

"but your other one still works."

"it doesn't work that way."

we lapse into tranquil silence again.

"tell me what it looks like."

"i can't do that. you have to see it for yourself."

"what does it feel like?"

"it feels like safety."

and then i'm on the shore. i don't know where he's gone. but i know that i need to shelter myself from the sun. i remember thinking i wore the wrong thing and if i were brave enough i'd just take off all my clothes and get a proper tan.

there are other people there and they are building something. in the dream i know what they're building but in reality, i have no idea what that thing was. i realize i can help. i remember i buried something here. something that will work.

That's it. It always changes from there, but that's how it always starts. I think it says a lot. He needs to turn around and see the beauty, otherwise he'll always be adrift.

I wish in the world that the sea was tranquil in my dreams, not causing such pain and loss.

I know I'm not much fun to my ladies (including my sister) while they're in town, but their sheer presence is such a comfort. One of these days, I'm going to get off my ass and actually do stuff with them. Or maybe that will be next visit. Who knows?

But for now, I need to return to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home