Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Will you speak for me?

So I also decided to give up LiveJournal again for Lent, as well. Thought I'd just thow that one on there--I'm only going to check Abby's. Word. So that leaves me with a whole lot of time that now I need to fill. And apparently, that has taken the form of looking at quotations.

I tried to make them topical.

It is with our passions, as it is with fire and water, they are good servants but bad masters.
-Aesop

Each individual woman's body demands to be accepted on its own terms.
-Gloria Steinem (that one's a bit for me and a bit for Kristen)

Chastity is a virtue in some, but in many it is almost a vice. To be sure, they abstain, but the bitch “sensuality” glances enviously out of everything they do.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Chastity does not mean abstention from sexual wrong; it means something flaming, like Joan of Arc.
-Gilbert Keith Chesterton

To decide, to be at the level of choice, is to take responsibility for your life and to be in control of your life.
- Abbie M. Dale

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
- Abraham Lincoln

What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally happens.
- Benjamin Disraeli

We'll see how long I'm fascinated by The Quotations Archive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home