Friday, February 04, 2005

I have so much work to do, but...

This has made me really happy so maybe I'll have to stay late, but I need to get it out.

This city is so large and you never expect to run into anyone you actually know. Especially when you're 20-something and an artist and you work in the Financial District.

But that pizza place I was mentioning the other day?

I just ran into my crush there.

Tee hee.

He's a friend of my Dartmouth-NTI contingency. He works down here for the campaign to bring the Olympics to NYC in 2012. I met him when I went to Dartmouth on my break at NTI and always have thought he way uber-cute. And at various NTI gatherings he's be there and I always thought we got along really well.

We sat and ate pizza and talked about our jobs and our mutual friends. Not a date, per se, but I'm going to think of it as such. And the fact that I was awkward and bumbly and making weird jokes goes to show how much I'm attracted to him.

Our knees touched. I am so easily turned-on it's ridiculous.

He was originally talking about how he might not make it to the Super Bowl party this weekend at Marina's, but when we were parting ways, I said,
"Well, hopefully I'll see you this weekend."

"Yes, definitely, and if not, we'll meet up for lunch since we're both here."

Not QUITE asking me out, and he could've just been being polite since our encounter was so random, but I walked away with a huge grin on my face all the same.

I'm probably reading WAY too much into this, but I'm a girl. That's what we do.

Tee hee.

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger kss said...

at the very least, he enjoys your company! good sign
tee hee
mmmmmmmmmmmmm smiles

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger C said...

I'm already picking out china patterns.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

super-fantastic. I think it counts as a date, just don't start planning your wedding yet.
abby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home