Thursday, February 03, 2005

Built like an Amazon...

So I seethed during the State of the Union. Some Union. Hmph.

And I seethed during American Idol. I'd rather be watching Smallville. I just can't handle the Idol-try.

Yesterday I was a giddy little girl. My supervisor is reccommending me for the permanent position here. Listen to this shit, kids:

--starts at $40,000
--there's a $25/hr increase every anniversary and christmas. 25 DOLLARS AN HOUR!!! I'm doing the math in my head... [counts on fingers, looks to the sky to calculate]...that's like...a BAZILLION dollars.
--three weeks paid vacation
--a gym membership to a very fancy shmancy gym for $15/week (which is unheard of in NYC)
--full health care (to which my supervisor was like "Seriously, girl, you don't pay for NOTHING.")
--three months paid maternity leave ["uh....I won't be needing that" "yet." (I scream in my head)]

How kick ass is that!?

Me, Haley and Devon joked about how I should use the three months paid maternity leave to do a movie or something. It would just require me faking a pregnancy for a little while--almost like character work.

Of course, if then I became a big movie star or something, all the people I work with would be like, "I know she's got a baby."

"I ain't got no baby."

"But I saw you go through your pregnancy."

"Uh, that was just water-weight."

So let us keep our fingers crossed on this one. For REAL. Because in all practicality, my theatre career is going to take a few years and so for that time, I'm sure that none of this 9-5 deal will get in the way. So I could be set for a few years until that gets going. And who knows, perhaps I'll even be able to, I don't know, afford MY OWN ROOM?

Now we're just talking crazy.

Today's Garden State Soundtrack Lyric:

"When I was sure you'd follow through,
My world was turned to blue.

When you'd hide
your songs would die,
so I'd hide yours with mine.

And all my words were bound to fall.
I know you won't fail...

see, I can tell..."

I just can't get enough of this. But where are the Shins' songs, I wonder? And the Coldplay? Amy's copy to me seems to be missing a few, but I shan't complain, as long as I got the Frou Frou song.

I'm so hungry. I should go to lunch early. But I have my lunchtime perfectly timed to where my day is nicely sliced in half. Awww, hell. But there's a really fabulous pizza place just around the corner.

It calls to me like a siren.

I need to get in touch with Blythe. She's had a anorexia relapse and she writes me all concerned about how I'm coping in a post-breakup world. Can you imagine? How on Earth should she worry about a silly thing like that?

What I told her--
"I'm fine. I'm more worried about you. We always wish that these demons would just become ghosts already."

Because I know what relapse feels like. When everything is out of control and you feel like the only way to hang on is to revel in your hunger. "You don't tell me what I need to do! I will die before I let myself feel out of control."

It's a fucked up mentality, but one I understand and one we should talk about at length.

And just like Alcoholism, you're never cured. She and I will carry these monkeys on our backs for the rest of our lives. And it's a dead weight, and we all know how anorexics feel about extra weight.

My heart goes out to her.

Wow, that was a depressing note to end on.

BUNNIES! PUPPIES! GREAT SLICES OF PIZZA!

Whew. Much better.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fingers, toes, and eyeballs are all crossed for you!!
Speaking of great pizza, I was so hungry last night that I cooked a Freschetta and burned the crap outta my mouth b/c I just couldn't wait for it to cool off.
Good god, I have an addiction.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger kss said...

holy shit that sounds awesome!
though $25/hr increase? that cant be right! that is like your entire salary more than doubled. ill remain skeptical about the raise part, but the benefits are AWESOME! good luck/congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home