Thursday, May 05, 2005

Oy Vey...

Yup. I'm gonna use it.

Here it is.

Yesterday was...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

epic.

I should mention that at this crap job I'm at now they won't let me use the internet. For anything. I got yelled at for checking my email. Fuckers. I so need a real job.

But on that note, my interview with the law firm is on Monday. So let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

As you recall, I was supposed to tag team between the poetry slam and Ghost Runner show. Turned out, poetry slam doesn't happen on the first Wednesday of the month, so it was all Ghost Runner all the time. I hung out with Boy Dejour beforehand, and after, I asked Conor,

"Do you think he's still interested? Maybe he had forgotten what I looked like. He seemed quiet."

"Oh, he's smitten. He's usually very boisterous and talkative. He saw you and I've never seen him turn so shy."

Well, I was rocking a new pretty thing that can silence a man from 40 paces.

But giggle. Crushes are fun. One step at a time.

Keleen and I danced like freaks all throughout the show. Spring joined along. Somewhere along the way, Spring convinces me to come with her and Chris back out to Brooklyn to hang out, consume more substances, and help clean her place for her parent's arrival (guess which activity fell by the wayside--if you guessed cosuming more substances, then you don't know me at all).

We stayed up all night talking--threesome-free this time. Seriously. We went on a booze run at 5:30 in the morning. I was chugging the rest of my drink as I headed out the door to run home, change and go back to work.

God, I needed girl talk. And especially with someone like Spring. I told her, she is the type of person who inspires honesty in others. Nothing shocks her. I tell her everything. I tell her bad shit. She doesn't blink an eye. I talk about my pain, and she does not feel pity. Thank god. She just listens, offers her stories and her perspective and it was an emotional vomit-fest that cleansed my soul. I truly love that girl. A total surprise, she is. I love people who surprise you. I love having a new girl friend who I feel extremely comfortable around. Which is funny, since we've fucked, but hey, weirder stuff has happened on this crazy Earth.

I have no idea how I made it through work today.

I tell Daniel about my night.

"Like a rockstar should."

I am a rockstar. Hopefully a rockstar-paralegal soon. God I hope I get that job. Please, everyone, summon your positive chi for me on Monday. It's a double whammy. Alvin Ailey and permanent, adult-type job that would pay rent and cure my financial woes.

OK, God. I know I'm being a bit of a whore right now, I do a lot of drugs and booze, I'm selfish and self-absorbed and irresponsible and I'm pretty sure the amount of times I've used your name in vain would make George Carlin blush, but I could really use a break right now. I'll work on all that other stuff, just let me keep my booze and drugs, and beyond that, I'll be Mother Theresa.

I just realized that I titled this "Oy, Vey" which I'm pretty sure Mother Theresa would never use, but I'm not starting my new career as a saint today.

It's almost 6. Almost bedtime. Wake me up when the world makes sense again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home