Friday, February 10, 2006

You can Choose the Rain, But I Choose the Sun

It has been a rough week. Not really in particular to myself, minus the fact that I have less than no money until next payday. It's going to be an interesting adventure in budgeting, that much I know.

I'm used to my own wild rollercoaster of emotions, but I hate that a bunch of people I love are going through emotional/physical/financial/blahblahblah stuff. That's the rough stuff because you want to be of help and end up feeling more useless than useful.

But good things:
--Downloaded a bunch of new music on my iPod. I love you, Billie
--Went to my first REAL concert in a long time (I don't count bands that I've seen naked). SIGUR ROS. Sweet. I don't think Iceland can produce anything normal
--One sister is resting and taking care of herself (or at least, SHE'D BETTER BE)
--One sister is working and on the road to New York in March (if only temporarily)
--One friend is here this weekend and I will do my best to cheer her up
--One friend will be here next weekend and I will do my best to cheer her up
--Two friends have a wedding coming up
--Kittens. I don't have any, but kittens are always welcome.

Image hosting by Photobucket

So goodbye, this week. I will not miss you.

A blizzard moves in tomorrow. Let's hope the fresh snow brings a fresh start, shall we?

I am a woman with a mission and a past to outdo
I don't need a gun I've got a microphone and a melody or two
Just like the earth has spent a thousand years making up for what we do
So have I for you

You can choose the rain but I choose the sun
That's all I need to free myself

This bird's gonna fly so high
Watch my sky come undone
Mama you can choose the rain
But I choose the sun


--Nikka Costa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home