Thursday, February 02, 2006

Caveman in Mohair Sweater

I'm in turmoil.

I cannot seem to decide whether I find the word "monosyllabic" annoying or beautiful in its nature. On the one hand, the goes against the nature of the word. That annoys me. On the other hand, it's kinda perfect that it would.

So I don't know.

I was incredibly sleepy because I didn't sleep well, and also because today is Turkey Chili Day at my office's cafeteria. It's very yummy and I look forward to it every week. However, despite the fact that clearly they're putting crack in it (surveying the frothing-at-the-mouth paralegals in the line ahead of me), they also must put Valium in it because it takes the full force of your willpower to keep your eyes open for the four hours after its consumption.

Then I went and got my Brazilian wax. It's still like jumping into an icy river. If that can't wake you up a bit, why then, I think you must be dead. Hate to break it to you. But I can recommend some fabulous places to haunt.

The effects of such a leap into pubic pain will only last for another hour or so and then I guess it's time to switch to coffee.

Also, I have no idea what my title means. Just popped into my head as I was in the Title Field. But I think when I think of "monosyllabic" I think of cavemen. And here's the rub again--if that's what I think of when I think of that word, do I hate that cavemen can't say it? Spell it? Understand its concept?

[Two grunts and a club to the head and I have found my new boyfriend as I am dragged back to his monochromatic Caveman Lair]

Clearly, I need a nap.

10 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to go out tonight, but I think you should leave work, and I should stay home and we should just cuddle in footy pajamas with teddy bears.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger blythe said...

oooh, see now THAT sounds appealing.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger C said...

OH MY GOD I want footsie pajamas. Holy crap.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger kss said...

CHARISMA, OR A VENETIAN MEW?

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blythe, I tried to comment on your journal, but alas, I am unallowed.

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.jumpinjammerz.com/default.asp?szNav=Prod&Style=F1ED00&nID=26&ProdName=Pink

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger C said...

Now I know what I'm asking for this Christmas.

And, yo, Kristen, huh? I do not compute your comment.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger kss said...

'tis an anagram of the caveman phrase

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger C said...

You've clearly lost your mind.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger kss said...

yes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home