Friday, March 24, 2006

Just Gonna Get My Feet Wet Until I Drown

The Cliff's Notes version of my interesting night that I reference before:

Sharon and I go to bellydancing. Some boy walks by that Sharon knows. She did a tour with him. She tries to introduce me. I already know him. He's my good friend Devon from high school theatre. He is rehearsing a show with who I can best describe as the Chris of my school. Every girl had a crush on him. I had a crush on his brother. It's all so funny and so weird and worlds collide more often than you can imagine. I knew Devon from high school. Devon knew Sharon from touring. I knew Sharon from the Fates putting us together. And we all know each other, without knowing each other knows each other.

And that, my friends, is life in New York.

The other day was incredibly stressful, but these days I'm happy (and not just because I'm getting some). Yes, there is a boy who I like a lot. That's good. I have bellydancing, which I think I'm getting pretty good at (and Sharon's shimmy would make anyone blush as well), there's guitar, which I am not so good at but I want to play and I enjoy the challenge. My good friends are getting married, winter is ending, my sister's visit went well, and my birthday's coming up. 23 was a pretty shitty year for me. I have high hopes for 24 (and not just the Jack Bauer kind).

But most importantly--

The subway system has been on my side lately. Anyone who has spent any time in New York and has ever missed the train by seconds and then waited forever, wound up late and frustrated, knows that there seems to be something almost sacred about public transportation in New York. Sharon rode with me a way after guitar tonight and I was telling her about what I call "The Subway Gods" and what she called "Metron." I find that brilliant (reason #2343293470.3 why I love that girl). Anyway, on top of things running somewhat smoothly, most importantly, all week Metron has been on my side. He has smiled down upon me, and times when I was planning on being late because of his wrath, the train came and I arrived at destinations on time, if not early. You have no idea how satisfying that is.

I'm good. I'm stressed, but good. I think sometime in May I'll be able to chill out but until Spring gets married, I turn 24, and Abby graduates law school, it's going to be crazy until then. Ah well, the only worse than having too much to do is having nothing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home