Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...

Keleen has parted this fair city. Makes me a little sad, since I don't think I have giggled this much with someone in a two month period since moving to New York. The only other person who has the effect of making me extremely girly is April, who I will be seeing soon enough when I head back to Texas, and when she comes up to New York in early June.

Nice to hold on to your roots. Keleen was comfort food for my New York weary soul.

I have decided, after careful consideration (this consideration takes place because last night I could not sleep to save my life--Conor was crashing with me and I was all wiggly so I took my insomniac ass into the other room to ponder life) to erase the past 8 months from my memory bank. Yup. None of it happened.

All the past entries have been entire works of fiction. I've been teaching myself to build the perfect model airplane this whole time.

I almost have it down.

Next, I'm going to start in on the knitting. I hope to have at least two scarves and a couple fuzzy hats by next winter.

All the weird bruises were just by-products of me trying to feing shui the apartment, certainly not from drunken carousing, human wounds, or broken glass. And a mysterious scratch that has scarred my upper thigh, which has to have come from a cat-sitting accident or by dropping a medical tool at my candy-striping gig.

See? People underestimate denial. I haven't felt this good in months. Well, 8 months to be exact.

3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger kss said...

yeah, actually you were writing down everything i did over the last eight months. crazy, carrie, always getting your life confused with the lives of others! hee.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger C said...

It's better than getting my underwear confused with others'.

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

only marginally.
d

 

Post a Comment

<< Home