Saturday, June 18, 2005

Return of the Self-Indulgent Entry...

I'm supposed to be working from home, but I felt like blah and didn't do any work. I either need to focus my ass off tomorrow or actually go into the office, which sounds pretty blah, too.

But why do I get to work from home?

Because at the height of all my stress on Friday my coworker chose to tell me after our boss promised me a weekend that I needed to come in. My boss didn't tell me, but had it passed along. I swore very loudly and stomped my foot and threw the phone down.

So basically, I had a tantrum.

And it worked. I did about an hour of work today and then took a nap.

Goddamnit, I decided to take the day off.

Devon and I went over to Flatplex and we hung out with Dru on the roof. I had replaced the pipe that I broke, but that doesn't mean that things weren't broken. I broke something, Dru broke something, and Devon promised not to tell anyone. I didn't see the big deal. That place is like a broken lava lamp. Caleb joined us and that was nice, since he doesn't seem to hang out too much. But it was a lovely night.

I had to come to terms with the fact that things are pretty weird now with the Other. Turns out they're right (the proverbial "they"): sex really does ruin friendships. But you never know until you try, I suppose. Learned my lesson, I did.

You get upset in the cab. Not crying or anything, just wasted and looking out the window and getting hurt that New York just indifferently blinks back at you. But the driver lets you smoke, and that's something rare and awesome. You remember Dustin's advice: Never cry over someone who isn't prettier than you. Lord knows if it's true, but everytime you think of it, you laugh and feel better and pined for when it was just you, him, the History Channel, and an eigth of an ounce of pot. Oddly fulfilling, it was.

So I'm going out with Blythe tonight. She's setting me up with a boy, and I've decided the new rule is to dress twice as fabulous as you feel. The crappier you feel, the better you make yourself look. I can't wait to try that one out on my deathbed.

"She's going into cardiac arrest. Quick! Someone get the TIARA!!"

'Cause if I'm gonna go down, I'm gonna do it with style.

I'm feeling peaceful. When you can see clearly, you can appreciate the finer details more.

And I'm looking utterly to die for. If I do say so myself. Heaven help the man who meets a Taylor woman.*

*On loan, courtesy of Abby Taylor and her infinite wisdom that Reality is not the best option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home