Wednesday, July 06, 2005

If only my Vagina would Sparkle Like That...

Things have been insane at the office. The trial starts next week and so I worked until about 1 am yesterday. And not the kind of "work" I normally do, where I still manage to play around on my 2403928340 blogs. Actual work.

So sorry, my adoring public. And by my adoring public, I mean Kristen.

I took the opportunity of the three day weekend to, you know, actually have a weekend. I refused to do anything on Friday and Saturday night. I needed quiet time. I needed sleep. I needed to masturbate. A. Lot.

So yeah, I did that.

On Sunday me, Devon, and Daniel headed out to Westchester (ooooooo, sounds fancy) to this house party of some band member of Kevin's (Kevin being Becca's boyfriend, Becca being an NTI-er, those of you following from home). The band was cool--they're a jam band and they look the part. It felt a little like Austin. Especially the fact that beside the band, everyone else at the party looked like a Natty Light commercial or a frat party. I didn't know how I felt about them, but there was enough food, pot, and beer to keep us satisfied for the night.

And whoa, do they know how to grow it in the suburbs. I was so stoned and looking upon this scene with very few people that I knew and I felt like I had just stepped into Can't Hardly Wait--I expected Seth Green to show up at any moment and call me a ho.

"Hey, Ho!"

"Hey, Little Man! You should have never left Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. To do what, Rat Race?"

[Runs off crying in his beer]

End Scene.

We played Beer Pong, which is a famous drinking game here on the East Coast. I had first heard about it while I was at NTI. I find it amazing that we never played it at UT, since Texans love nothing more than a good drinking game, but that's how it is. Daniel and I fell in love with the game and played it pretty well for novices, I dare say.

And we woke up, groggy and in a sea of blankets; Amelia and I had surround-sound snoring (Daniel snores like a bitch and so does Devon when he goes to bed wasted, and all of us had been doing solid hours of beer-guzzling). Amelia punched Daniel and I just blocked it out in my Zen-ignore-boy way.

We lay by the pool for a few hours. Then hop back on a train and head back to the city, where I actually found the sound of sirens soothing. Proof-positive I'm adjusting to New York.

My friend Eric had me, Devon, and Blythe over to watch the Macy's fireworks from his rooftop in Brooklyn, which is actually the best vantage point to see them. And the sky lights up and sparkles and you "ooooh" and "ahhhh" despite all your cynicism and when the show ends, it looks like Manhattan was attacked by aliens with all the smoke just floating around. You know, minus the carnage. And the aliens. At least of the intergalactic kind.

Work resumed yesterday and I feel like a year has gone by, though it's just been a few days. Two weekends in a row. Something that now the case will be starting won't be happening for a little while, so I'm glad I made the most of it.

So if you don't hear from me, I'm slaving away for the Man.

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger kss said...

yipee a post!
it sounds like things are going well, even though you are working your ass off. you were raised working your ass off and balancing multiple responsibilities (incl the resp of having fun) so maybe this ridiculously time consuming job is just thrusting you back into the state in which you thrive. or something.
ramble complete
ALSO im seriously considering not leaving the country until january, really meaning that i will be staying at austin with this job through december. REAAAALLY meaning i will be able to make a trip to nyc. im thinking making labor day weekend a long one. otherwise, ill just come sometime in late september. i usually come to new york during the beginning of spring; ive come once during the winter; i simply must be there during the fall! if labor day weekend is something that will be terribly inconvenient for you let me know. also, im thinking more about law school in nyc (rather than here in austin). uuuuhhh, i guess the amount ive written means i should not be commenting but instead emailing or phoning. okay. um, to that then. yes.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger kss said...

and does labor day weekend even qualify as fall yet?

p.s. i just finished a double espresso.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger C said...

I can tell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home