Friday, June 24, 2005

I know this Love is Passing Time, Passing through like Liquid

I had a very telling dream last night.

I was standing apart from these two men [names witheld]. They are on the other side of the room. I drop and break a glass. I am overwhelmed with shame and afraid to move because I am wearing no shoes. There is a bouncer watching the whole thing and the men move to go inside and I realize I am alone.

I bend down to pick up the pieces of broken glass and I start to cry.

One of the men senses my emotion and I smell him coming up behind me (senses work in different ways in your dreams). I know he is going to hold me, but I don't want him to. I just want to pick up the glass by myself. Or at least not with him.

He grabs me and pulls me in. I fall helplessly into his arms and look pleadingly at the other man. He looks like he wants to say something, something comforting, but he does not. I feel trapped in this one's arms and it must look so bad to everyone around. Me and the other man hold each other's gaze, not being able to say anything while the other one is there. We look down.

There's more, but it doesn't make much sense from there. The thing that stands out is the distance between us.

I'm going to the beach this weekend. I will look at the expanse of the sea and send my thoughts out to it. I will breathe easy and relax and drink beer and laugh with friends.

And then we'll go from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home