Monday, June 27, 2005

It's Better than What you Are...

Ah, weekend. Actually having one was nice, having the perfect one even better.

No drama, no stress, no [may I repeat?] NO WORK.

Beach. Beer. Bowls. Boys [of the safer variety].

I had absolutely nothing to offer. Daniel and Ian cooked dinner, Devon cooked breakfast. I just sat and drank. I was official Stoned Girl on the Couch in a Bikini.

I'm burned badly in a few places, but not so bad overall. Basically, I didn't do a good job around the edges of my swimsuit so the outline of my bikini is etched into my skin like I'm branded with it. Which hurts because it's where you where your undergarments as well. And I know the day I go without underwear to work something utterly ridiculous and humiliating is bound to occur, so it's best not to tempt Fate at such times.

The price we pay, I suppose.

The beach always reminds me of my mom. She raised us to be absolutely drawn into all things liquid. The beach always has a wistful quality about it, the ability to mope and moan go well with the ebb and flow of its nature. I actually made a conscious effort not to fall into that. While the boys discussed the finer points of some strange theory Ian presented, I just laid back and tried to erase every thought that popped into it.

The end result was me dozing in and out of consciousness. Close to meditation, but not quite.

And back to the city and it all doesn't hurt quite as bad and to be able to see the forest for the trees and the beach for the ocean and a certain amount of perspective comes from leaving it all behind to just relax and not think so much and I think this is the longest run-on sentence I've ever written.

[ed note: It is]

I'm waiting to get some work in this morning. I'm starting a new task today and I don't know what to do in the meantime (Angelo isn't in yet to train me). I'm hoping since I'm switching that I won't be here as late today, but Lord knows, whenever I have high hopes of such, they all get dashed to pieces.

I feel like I'm walking around with a secret. But even I don't know what it is. Which is good, since I'm terrible about keeping them.

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when I feel like I'm walking around with a secret. It's sensual. It's confidence. The secret - it's within me. It's being five again, knowing the secrets of youth, that adults forget. Knowing happiness in it's purest state, that which borders on malice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home