Thursday, July 14, 2005

I'm a Grown-Up at the Kitchen Table Doing Shots of Resignation...

Kristen raises an interesting point.

Why don't I just let a summer associate wine and dine me? Because I don't know where they are. The only lawyer I'm ever in contact with is my boss, Lisa. And there are multiple reasons why I wouldn't want her to wine and dine me. So that leaves all the paralegals I come across on my daily travels. Most of the girls here are very cute and have probably been snatched up by the smaller population of cute guy paralegals.

Office romance seems to not be so much of an option. Which sucks, because I practically live here (I billed 244 hours last month). The only place I could meet someone new is here. But then when would we go out?

Going out seems to be a bit of a pipe dream for me these days. Although the debauchery that lead up to the last Junebug episode was pretty rowdy.

Dru was running around like a crazy person. He started throwing himself into walls and then into the piles of garbage bags on the street. He stole a construcion hard hat from a construction site and also threw his shirt over a fence, which Junebug had to scale in order to retrieve it.

Spring gave me a lap dance. Woo hoo!

Chris bitched to me about Sleazy and his girlfriend Julie. I nodded sympathetically and laughed sarcastically. And I raved about bellydancing to him.

Devon decided to start slamming the hard alcohol and by the time we wound up at the bar that has the beer bongs, he decided to tap out right there. One moment, Devon's up and laughing. I turn my head away for a moment and there he is, forehead to the bar and sleeping like a little angel.

Chris called it our Chasing Dru and Dragging Devon extravaganza. I found it all wildly amusing. It wasn't until I was sober the next day that anything was odd about any of these situations at all. Then Devon and I realized that when we get debaucherous, we go balls-to-the-wall with it. Which I suppose, if you're gonna do something, it's best to do it up right.

I have a feeling after a night like that, I need to stay quiet for a while. Lay low. At least with those cats. They never seem to see me when I'm not acting in an utterly ridiculous manner. Of course, with the way they all drink, I definitely would get caught in the crossfire of it all. 5'4'' 115 llbs. I'm surprised my liver hasn't jumped ship yet.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe dating someone at work would be bad anyway. perhaps you would be naughty and do dirty things in the conference room. ive only (ha) dated two (um or three?) guys in the five years ive been at f&j, and the only thing that made it bearable was that i knew they would be leaving at the end of the summer. not that i necessarily wanted them out of my life--just my work life. it is hard to be professional around someone you really just want to be affectionate with. and the stolen kisses and clandestine ass grabs in the elevator just seem entirely too cheesy or cliche after awhile, like we're in some lame office romance movie from the eighties. uh, but i digress, as usual. this is YOUR blog, not mine. a point! oh yes, here it is: maybe it is better anyway that there don't seem to be romantic prospects in your office. though what about your office building??? :)
mwah

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger C said...

Maybe one of the security guys?

And I haven't been able to write too much here, so it should be someone's blog. So go to, lady.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

abby, you should write about it in your blog! what am i supposed to do to distract myself at work if you and carrie (forget ashlee!) aren't blogging? and overheardinnewyork is only updated so often!
kss

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger C said...

I understand, Kristen. I hit refresh on overheardinnewyork.com alls the time, yo. Makes me sad when I know it won't be updated and then I still do it anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home