Monday, August 15, 2005

She's precocious and She Knows Just What it Takes to make a Pro Blush



This is me and Sharon on Saturday. Sharon's the girl I went to bellydancing with. She's awesome. And hopefully, once the show ends, I can return and shake my little groove thing.

The guy in back of us? Derek's friend. Derek's friend that was determined to hook up with me. Seriously. I have slobber marks. To no avail. To be working that hard and still get turned down? That's bad, man. And I'm easy to boot. But I cannot stand when a guy's agenda is tattooed on his forehead.

I love like a blitzkrieg. And I expect others to do the same.

But the show went well. For an opening night with not too much time in the theatre, only a few bumps and bruises. I am so proud of this show I can hardly stand it. I kept grabbing for Daniel because my love of him knows no bounds. And that was even before he helped us move. I have to say, I devoured that stage. I'm lucky enough to have a character that has to walk out onstage and just own it. It was fun. It is fun. It will be fun.

I can't wait. It's gonna be AWESOME.

Dad bought me an air conditioner. I think it's because I've lost some weight. Don't ask me to make the connection, but my dad's generosity and my dress size are inexplicably linked. But I am grateful for it. And I showed them my office, and Dad made me take pictures of me sitting at my desk. My desk that has the bunnies driving in the background. Seriously, Kristen. Sending me that picture changed my life. I shut down my computer every day and just giggle. I'm a total crazy person in the office. Ah, well. That's just how I roll.

I also rolled until about 8 or 9 in the morning on Sunday. I woke up, went to brunch with Devon, Spring, Chris, and a brief cameo with Sleazy, and then we joined Dru and Junebug back at Flatplex. We watched Sean of the Dead (which, if you haven't seen, get it now--it's frackin' hilarious). Devon and I took a cab back. A cab that apparently been in operation since 1862. It was old, yo. And the driver was older. And crazier. He told what every building used to be, and proceeded to tell us all the dangers of living in Brooklyn. Still drunk and such, I couldn't have cared less. I was fantasizing about my bed. And if there was a murderer in the closet, I would hope he would have the courtesy of waiting until I was asleep to attack me. I had waited too long for this.

I shower. I go to bed at 6:30. I wake up at midnight. I watch a little of Center Stage before slinking back off to bed. I sleep like the dead. I dream of Harry Potter. I wake up and can't believe the life that I lead. I wake up and am still confused about the red ink stains on my hand. I wake up and only wonder a little bit why I'm sore.

I wake up and decide I need to be asleep again as soon as possible.

15 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger kss said...

yay! cute picture. i don't suppose your show will still be going on when im there (labor day weekend). i should've thought a little harder before buying my ticket. poo!

but it will still be fun to be there anyway, of course!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger C said...

No, it'll be done by the time you're here.

It's okay. Maybe we can take in a bellydancing class with Sharon.

Or I'll get drunk and perform the whole show for you as a one-woman thing. Holla!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger kss said...

that would be awesome. i would definitely enjoy a drunken performance or five.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger C said...

Oh, it's ON

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! How do you know sharon? I did a show with her a year and a half ago. I was delighted when she came to the show.
d

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger C said...

We've discussed this, Daniel. She's one of the Degenerates. She's the girlfriend of Jeremy, who worked with Chris at that diner in Times Square where the waiters sing stuff. That was a few years ago. And stuff. Or something. It's a convoluted tale.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But did we discuss that I know her too? Or once did?
d

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger C said...

Yes. Well, at least I know that I did with her...

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it possible that I was so drunk and/or stoned and/or self centered that I missed it? We will have to talk about this in person. Meet me in the alley.
d

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger C said...

Yes to all.

I just came from the alley. You aren't by any chance a black man sleeping on newspapers, are you?

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could be for you baby.
d

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or could i?

d

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I told you that I am the real daniel and the imitation daniel, would that blow your mind?
d
d

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ddduddde

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger C said...

Wow. We're gonna have to come up with something new for you, Daniel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home