Monday, August 08, 2005

My love is like WHOA...

I'm apparently never going to sleep.

Sleep when dead, blah blah blah...

Dead might come earlier.

I'm in good spirits, though. Just a whole-lotta-crazy this weekend. When am I ever going to unpack???? And my dad and stepmom are coming for the show this weekend and they want to see the new place but right now, my room is AWFUL. Not quite sure when that's going to happen.

Friday? Calm in that I didn't go out. I did, however, somehow manage to stay up until like 2:30 doing God-knows-what and passing out on the couch. I wake up at 4:30 and my roommate Travis is sitting across from me. I screamed.

"What?"

"When did you get here? Where am I?"

I didn't know I had fallen asleep. Just one second, I'm on the couch, and the next, my roommate's there. It was scarier if you were there. Trust me.

Saturday was rehearsal and bar-hopping to pass out cards for the show. I was rockin' the postcards, people. For some reason, I felt I could bypass my normal social awkwardness and hopefully charmed some people to come to the show.

Then we got drunkish. Then I wasn't so ambitious.

Chris had called me and invited me to brunch on Sunday. He didn't tell me that this was because it was the fucking Ghost Runner album cover shoot. False pretenses, methinks. I. Was. Not. Happy. About. This. I sat on the sidelines like the king's mistress[sidenote: I am reading a history book on the mistresses of kings]--necessary to be there for sheer familiarity. Not supposed to utter a word, no official recognition. And yet knowing the sexual secrets of all. I. Was. Not. Happy. About. This.

Whatever. I had to get to rehearsal so I don't think I'm really in any of the shots.

Then Kendra was in town and I had to rally for a Sunday night frolick. I haven't seen her in a year but I sat and chatted with her and really felt that no time had passed at all. I am, of course, paying for it today, but sometimes we sacrifice our better judgement for the people we care about.

At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself. Might be about that time for a Vitamin Water.

Awww, hell. Just inject the caffeine straight into my veins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home