Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hot Time Kid / It's Cold Under the Blanket

I had a thousand deep, philosophical things to say getting off of work last night. It was going to be so poignant. I'm reading The Prince of Tides and it's incredibly powerful. There's so much to think about. There were parts that hit so close to home I had to put the book aside for a couple days to let it simmer.

But today was a bit too amusing for that. I got in so late today I missed the meeting that was called to discuss us being too late recently. And I wasn't even the latest one to that meeting. Comedy gold, folks.

Truth is, it's become harder and harder to get up to go to work. Normally, I'm actually very much the morning person. And even more obsessed with punctuality. But I imagine there are several reasons for the recent switch:

1)I've been at my job for almost a year. Realizing how long you've spent somewhere is somewhat tiresome if it's not ultimately what you want to be doing, however pleasant the atomosphere might be.

2)I'm coming off a few very exciting weeks (weddings, birthdays, resignations)

3) Allergy season. I've been a big snot ball lately. And my eyes are watering like I'm walking around in a endlessly sappy Hallmark commercial or something. Benadryl makes me all kinds of woozy and fucked-up feeling.

4) I often wake up with a gorgeous Swede in my bed. What's a girl to do? There are starving children in Africa who don't even have CUTE Swedes to wake up to, much less a hottie of one. Seems a shame to let it go unutilized.

But yeah. Time to start coming in earlier. Stupid adult responsibility. Professionalism, Scmofessionalism. But I was honest with my boss about why (omitting the Sexy Swede part) and I think it got smoothed over and I'm going to be a good little worker bee from now on.

Also, Derek got us invites for some fancy movie party tonight. I'm dressing pretty and bringing Swetus, Chris and Spring. We're going to be so hot. And I'm most excited to see Swetus all dressed up. He has even hinted that he's going to get a haircut (which is good, the shaggy thing he's working right now looks more like a Swedish version of Nell or something). But the one flaw I've found with Swetus so far is that he's cheap (and that he has no other faults--I'm forever doomed to be the One with Issues in a relationship), so I'll believe the haircut thing when I see it.

So yeah. I was a naughty employee, but now better. I was feeling introspective, but now I'm going to go to a movie party. I was going to write stuff that was all insightful and brilliant, but instead enjoy this site, which I'm sure is filled with intellectual gems. Or at least references to hungry bitches crying which is good enough for me.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, Carrie, you could get a college degree. Oh, wait, you already have one. I guess you're screwed then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home