Thursday, May 18, 2006

MORE Law and Order?

The funniest part about this post is the fact that Spencer might see it, and he slept through the whole damn thing.

BUT


Holy crap, there was a "maybe shooting" in my apartment building last night. We have the realty company under us and they once pulled this prank and it sounded like gunshots. We were freaked out at the time because we didn't know that, and I had ordered some pizza and here I thought someone shot my pizza guy. Which is not only sad because I'd lose my pizza, but I know those guys (we eat a lot of pizza), and NOT FAIR.

Well, it happened again last night, but I was freaked out anyway because all the boys had gone to bed and I had only one contact in (infection) and there was a lot of screaming this time, and maybe it WAS a real shooting. I mean there was yelling last time, but maybe I was in a state to be more paranoid, so I just pretended it wasn't going on. And I certainly wasn't going to go investigate all by my wee lonesome.

Then our buzzer goes. I don't care if this was a joke or not, I hear something that sounds like gunshots, and I'm not letting ANYONE in, I don't care. Nope. But they keep buzzing. Then nothing. I am starting to freak out. Then there's knocking. At this point, it's the first time I realized WE DON'T HAVE A PEEPHOLE. Well, shit. I'm not getting that. More knocking. Finally, Devon wakes up and comes out. Together we open the door, and we are face-to-face with two cops. They were like the detectives on Law in Order--in plainclothes with the badges around their neck. And I've seen enough Law and Order to know NEVER let cops into your apartment. One of the cops even HAD HIS GUN DRAWN. Eeep. They were peeking their heads in trying to suss out our apartment (luckily we just cleaned) But they were asking how many people in the apartment, what time I heard the gunshots and I actually based my answer on how through South Park I was. They said no one from the company was on the second floor so I suggested they try the first floor because the company is there as well. So they left and went looking for someone who knew what the noise was, and we never heard from them again. I pretty much freaked out and couldn't sleep until 3am.

And the management company was all deserted this morning when I left to come here, and that's not usually the case.

I think we should get a discount on our rent.

3 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still want to get involved in psuedo-crime?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger C said...

Well, theoretically, my plan didn't involve open fire.

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God you didn't let them in. I had just jumped back in through my skylight.

5/17/2006 NEVAR FORGET

 

Post a Comment

<< Home