Monday, May 22, 2006

Since I already Told a Few the Story, Here's a Play

I'm calling it

Carrie and Swetus: Laid Back People Trying to Fight [A Memoir, if by Memoir you mean IM Conversation]

A Play in One Convesation

Characters:

Carrie-- 24 Year Old Girl, Loves her boyfriend and partying, but after a long weekend, just wanted to watch the Charmed series finale and pass out for a long Monday at work

Swetus--19 Year old Swede, boyfriend to Carrie, who left at 6pm for a kickball game in Williamsburg with intentions of returning to Carrie afterwards, but went missing until 2am, when he returned, booze-filled and unaware of the vital mistake he made in not calling

[The Scene: A chatroom that no one uses because it's lame, but the only thing that Carrie can download on her computer at work. After a snuggle-or-sex-free night, and a bit of a chilly reception from Carrie in the morning but talking out a few things, this is the conversation that follows]


Swetus: Hello my friendly girlfriend! The prettiest girl in the world!
Carrie: hello
Swetus: how're things?
Carrie: sleepy
Carrie: but ok
Carrie: just got off the phone with sharon
Swetus: Oh?
Carrie: yeah
Carrie: she's getting stressed
Swetus: I imagine..
Carrie:did you puke?
Swetus: Nope!
Swetus: Managed not to.
Swetus: Although I slept until 1.
Carrie: figured as much
Carrie: i may nap in a bit
Carrie: but i actually have work to do
Carrie: which sucks
Swetus: :(
Carrie: yup
Carrie: poop
Swetus: Oh, those Mondays.
Carrie: especially when your boyfriend keeps having rowdy sundays
Swetus: Hah, yeah, I'm sorry.
Swetus: Hopefully you won't have to be so concerned when I get a key.
Carrie: then it won't be a problem
Carrie: though it's more about not letting me know around what time you would be back
Swetus: Right, well, honestly I didn't really know myself.
Carrie: yes but here's my rule
Carrie: if you think it's gonna be past midnight, let me know--or at least that it's going to be late
Swetus: Right.
Carrie: if i had known kickball would last until 2am i would have suggested you stay at your place last night
Carrie: because it's not like we got any quality time anyway
Swetus: Yeah, and I didn't really thing the subway ride back would take so long.
Carrie: late night
Carrie: always will
Swetus: Mmh.
Carrie: metron packs it in at midnight
Swetus: And I'm a better man for knowing it now.
Swetus: hah
Carrie: mmmmhmmm
Carrie: but you recognize how it's inconsiderate, right?
Swetus: i do.
Carrie: ok
Carrie: then we're ok
Carrie: cuz you apologized for being late and i was like "that's not the point!"
Swetus: Mmh.
Carrie: [though certainly a factor of my grumpiness level]
Carrie: wordy word then
Carrie: enough of that
Swetus: Quite.
Swetus: So you think it's going to be a late one today?
Carrie: don't know
Carrie:2 hour jack bauer power hour needs to happen
Swetus: Hm.
Swetus: Right!
Carrie: so i hope i'm done by 7:30
Carrie: i'll be at neighbors
Carrie: i need to pack
Swetus: Pack?
Swetus: Ooh.
Swetus: Right.
Carrie: yeah. cuz i have bellydancing tomorrow night and i need to stay at your place.
Swetus: I'm probabably going to go jogging with mike but I'll DEFINITELY be home for 24.
Carrie: jogging on a hangover? punishing yourself?
Swetus: Eh, hangovers' pretty much gone now, but yeah I have to decimate my filthy body.
Carrie: i have a whip for that
Swetus: Baby you can't make me hard like that at the office.
Carrie: THE PUNISHER
Swetus: Oh geez
Carrie: also, i read a story where these high school kids got edited out of a group photo because they were all doing "the shocker"
Swetus: Hahaha, yeah, I think I've heard of that.
Carrie: and school officials were horrified when they found out what it meant
Carrie: and then all went home to try it on their wives that night
Carrie: [though that part's only implied in the article]
Swetus: :)
Swetus: That's the Carrie Spin.
Carrie: yeah, i live in the "spin til ya puke zone"
Swetus: Bill O'reilly can't touch dis!
Carrie: hootie hoo
Swetus: I'm going to go nanodrop some stuff, hun.
Carrie: k
Carrie: nano away
Swetus: Love you!
Carrie: love you too.

Swift resolution to a slightly unpleasant occurence. But I just needed him to see he was poopy and I'm amazing, and we're all good.

JACK BAUER.

9 FINGERS!!!! ALWAYS START CHOPPING OFF FINGERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home