Monday, March 21, 2005

At night, alone, I marry the bed...

Well, lordy lordy.

I think the best way to sum up Friday night are these lyrics from the Killers.

I'm coming out of my cage
And I’ve been doing just fine
Gotta gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss


It was only a kiss. And then it was much much more.

But don't fret. It wasn't Sleazy.

*************************************************************


RADIO EDIT


*************************************************************

I'm not quite sure what happens now.

"Is this too weird for you?"

Well, we'll just have to see.

"You know he's going to find out about this."

Well, we'll just have to see.

Well, well.

Well done.

The boys and girls are one tonight.
They unbutton blouses. They unzip flies.
They take off shoes. They turn off the light.
The glimmering creatures are full of lies.
They are eating each other. They are overfed.
At night, alone, I marry the bed.


--Anne Sexton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home