Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Prozac Nation...

I found this burned CD from so many moon ago.

And I forgot how much I think this song describes my life. Or something. I don't know. It just took me waaaaaaaaaayyyy back.

Although, I don't really like dancing with men.

Hmph.

I'm feeling a wee bit nutty today. I was up all night (starting from about 2:30) with some mysterious ailment that let me get to know my bathroom intimately. The works. It was awful.

OH SHIT.

Pause.

This song's on here, too. Now that actually is my theme song. God, I'm a clever girl. This is good one.

*****************************

Hmmm...ADD girl...where was I?

Ah, yes, vomiting in my bathroom.

So that was fun.

I seem to recall last time I went on the A.D.s that this happened the first few nights before my body got used to it. I'm supposed to eat a big meal or something. I forgot this little factoid. If I had remembered, I would have at least started taking them on the weekend so I'd be all pukey and tired then. So my tummy still feels a little weird, I'm exhausted from no sleep (I also forgot that I usually took them in the morning because for most people, zoloft makes you sleepy--I am not most people, it kind of wires me). And I've got a full schedule today.

I thought about calling in sick, but I need the money and I took that hangover day a couple weeks ago.

Ah, karma. I could've really used it now.

This is what you get for drinking too much on a weekday. You call in sick, and then when you need, you drag your nauseous ass to work because you have no other option.

I hope I'm feeling better by tonight. I've got rehearsal and then we're meeting up with Haley for Karoake Tuesday at her restaurant. We never see her (as this has been stated before) but seeing as this is her last month in the city, I feel like I should make the effort to see her as much as I can.

*********************************

So an amusing point of note:

Seeing as from that hangover day I lost all my shit, this included my health insurance cards and I sure as shit wasn't about to pay $104 for the price of the meds (that's really something to get depressed about) I had to sit and wait while they were on the phone with the insurance company. There was all sorts of crazy we-just-got-out-of-work people in need of their meds and so it was pretty busy and I had to wait awhile. The guy kept coming over to me and apologizing profusely and asking if I'd like to sit down.

I think he took a look at what the prescription was for and wanted to handle me with kid gloves.

I toyed with the idea of fucking with him.

"I NEED THE MEDS NOW!!! IF I CAN'T GET MY ZOLOFT RIGHT NOW, I'M GOING TO TRY TO KILL MYSELF RIGHT HERE IN THE STORE!!!" [and then I would grab a bottle of Saint John's Wort and threateningly open the bottle--there are so many vitamins up there]

or

"Why can't anything go right in my life?!" [try to hang myself with the orthopedic socks]

"No, lady, there's so much to live for!"

"What, my co-pay of $30? No, I'm done!" [try to suffocate myself with a magnum condom--unlubed, of course]

But I'm never one to cause a scene. Unless, of course, I started mixing Zoloft with Whiskey. I bet that would be an interesting combo.

******************************

So I don't end with all my anti-depressant stuff, I'll share an amusing little phone call I shared with Ashlee last night.

She calls me as she is laughing her ass off

"What is it?"

"I just got molested by a 14 year-old boy."

"Awesome."

Apparently this scrawny little kid broke away from his friend and was macking on Ms. Christian and then decided that the time was ripe to grab her boob.

Knowing Ashlee, this makes this situation very amusing.

After a second or so, apparently Ashlee decides to fix the situation. So does she

A)Punch him
B)Kick him in the balls
C)Look down at him and say, "Are you done yet? Because I have somewhere to be."
D)Ask him out

If you picked C), you now know what reason #282,390,579,023 why I love this girl is.

4 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger kss said...

yes! that is very ashlee.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger C said...

I take it you picked C). I told her,

"You know that's sexual assault, right?"

And she just laughed and laughed and said,

"Yeah. But it was funny."

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your text message this morning. I hate my life on many levels also.
The shame spiral is overwhelming. And if you are guessing that I slept w/ him again, you would be correct. What the hell is wrong w/ me???

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger C said...

Hey man, I ain't no one to judge.

Remember the list of criteria for getting with a Taylor girl (back on LJ?)? That's why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home