Monday, May 23, 2005

I do it 'Cause I Learned it from You...

Lots of info to take in. There's a 5000 page information guide to the case I'm working. My boss:

"Just try to familiarize yourself with the case."

Medical and legal jargon are swirling around in my head like alphabet soup.

My brain feels fried. But everyone seems really nice so far.

They put me at Marina's desk, which is odd. I've already called her for help. I have a feeling this is going to happen a lot.

But happy still. This part of my life seems to be settling down. As for other parts, just business as usual. Crazy, crazy business, but business nonetheless.

My heart needs to make a decision, my brain needs to chill out, and my bank account needs to be fed. All these needs. I have to let go of the wants.

2 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger kss said...

what is the name of the place where you are working?

how exciting! work!!

i am going to norway!/sweden!/denmark! at the end of june, soooooo i cant come to new york for a while. i think nyc in september is quite quite possible though, unless i find true love in norway with a saami boy and choose a life of poverty in order to stay with him in his village. so we'll see.

yay, congratulations on workworkwork. don't forget to have fun, too.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger C said...

The name of the firm is Hughes Hubbard and Reed LLP

Sounds fancy, no?

It's only okay you can't come to NYC because you're going to a far cooler place.

I don't think you ever have to worry about me not being able to have fun. Not my style not to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home