Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Wish the World was Flat like The Old Days

ok--You get some interesting stuff if you ask for "weird pictures"

like this:





I don't know what to make of that.



And then there's the trippy stuff:



But I have to say this was my favorite:



Yeah, I don't know why I felt like sharing that. But this is what I do to take breaks from work.

But if I could control what the search for "weird" would be, my office building would be included in that.

OK--so we all know I work for a law firm. A big one. On many floors. We have floors 11-18 straight, and space on 7 as well.

Nothing weird about that, right?

Wrong.

Why?

Why are you asking me so many damn questions??! I'm getting there...

There's no floor 14.

For reals.

Now I've seen many a building that didn't have a floor 13--it's considered bad luck and all, but we have a 13. Just not a 14. Why? What's with this? Is it like Sideways Stories from Wayside School? Does it just not exist? Or it doesn't exist with non-existent partners and non-existent paralegals that perform non-existent tasks on non-existent cases?

OR

Is 14 where bad paralegals go? The room of legal punishments? You go in there and get depositioned to death? Redacted? I don't know. I ponder floor 14 every day in all my travels throughout the firm and outside and everything. It's like our own Chamber of Secrets.

Hmm.

8 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger kss said...

maybe there is a secret stairway to it?

or maybe there is a 13 1/2 even?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger C said...

I'm a little scared to find out.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger kss said...

ill explore with you when im there! we can sneak in on labor day or something

bwa hahhahaa

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger C said...

Hell, no. If I have the day off, I'm sure as hell not going to go in the office.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger d said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger C said...

Daniel, that was funny, but I had to delete it. What you wrote could get me fired.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FLOOR 14!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man. i remember being there like 4 or 5 weeks and just completley BOTHERED by the fact that there was a floor 13, but not a floor 14

ISNT THAT BACKWARDS????


apparently floor 14 is the janitors' floor.


how annoying, right? that whole having to take the elevator from 13 to 15?

so


freaking



weird.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it would be sort of un-PC to assign the janitors the 13th floor, right? "you don't earn a living wage, PLUS you get to be stationed on the unluckiest floor! now get to scrubbing the scum off johnson's toilet."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home