Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I Gave My Word to You, My Darling...

So I had a dream about my soulmate last night. Which was a nice change from almost exclusively dreaming about work recently. I mean, sheesh, people. I spend enough time at work. I have to dream about it, too?

So who's my soul mate?

Well, I don't know. I mean, obviously in my dream I knew, but I can't recall the face. The only part of his face I can remember is his mouth (and noooooooooo, it wasn't one of those dreams). I think for a while I will be checking everyone's mouth around me.

What do you want to bet my "soulmate" turns out to be the dude in the mailroom?

Oh yes, shiny objects, A.D.D, FOCUS, silly.

The dream.

Not too long of one that I remember. But I was with my soulmate and we were in the woods. We were building a house for us. Though it should be mentioned all the wood we were working with was thin like reeds. So I imagine our house is gonna take us a thousand years to build.

But it's peaceful. And I was chipping in and cutting wood and sanding it down with a small knife. Now, I am not one for manual labor. I imagine this is part of the reason my brain knew this man was my soulmate. We were happy and comfortable and it didn't matter if it took us till the end of time to build the damn thing because we were doing it together and none of it seemed like a stressful idea.

Then the wolves show up. We had gone hunting at some point, too. There was meat that needed to be cooked (along with candy, but I imagine that has more to do with the fact that we watched Willy Wonka last night). And they are menacing and growling and they want to take our food.

We don't stress. I have just the thing. And this is the part that I find hilarious:

Apparently, in my dream, the proper wolf-repellant is Designer Imposter Fragrances. Remember that shit? If you liked "Georgio Armani" you'll love "Some Piece of Crap." So I take out about three bottles of the stuff and we spray around the area we're working in. Tons of the stuff. It is reeking of cheap perfume. But it creates this sort of cloud of protection and the wolves leave.

We laugh.

He is seated, leaning up against the tree. I straddle on top of him and curl into his chest. It feels safe and warm and I feel complete. I kiss that mouth (where is that mouth?) and we look at each other and I swear to God, I say this:

"If you can love me through Designer Imposter Perfume, you can love me through anything."

That is sooooooo winding up in my marriage vows. All I need to do is figure out who the guy is.

But it was a very nice dream, indeed.

3 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the best dream ever. And the most prophetic, I feel... not that you'll be building a reed house in the woods and fending off wolves with your Red Sexy (my favorite), but be patient, love....

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger C said...

It was really comforting. I woke up with a smile.

And then a groan since it is only Wednesday. But yay yoga tonight!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger d said...

I feel that you will be building a reed house in the woods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home