Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Obligatory Giving Of Thanks

Before I get sentimental, I will share some of my favorite quotes from this Thanksgiving:

[Upon the F train with Aron and Ashlee, when it was decided we needed to say what we are thankful for}:

"I'm thankful my pussy isn't as cold as my heart."--Ashlee

[During a discussion of stripper tricks, and one in particular where a stripper took off a customer's ball cap with her, ummm...you know]

Aron: "I really appreciate vagina tricks. Carrie, can you do any vagina tricks?"

[beat]

"Yeah. I can make a quarter disappear."

Needless to say, all that triptophan made us raunchy.

Ashlee is in my living room. I am in my bedroom. I've been playing on my laptop so much that I wasn't following the movie that we rented. I put away my laptop, realizing that I wasn't really paying attention, only to discover that I had missed too much and the damage is done.

But it's alright. It's not like I'm missing conversation time with her. Ashlee is my family. And it's nice to be around family on the holidays (especially when the rest of my family is spread so far and wide across the country). Every time I see her, I feel no time has passed at all, but I guess it's been about 3 months or so since I saw her last. But we can talk or not and just being around her, I feel more like myself.

I miss when it was just us in Austin. I miss the life that I had there.

This is not to say I'm melancholy or anything at all. Really quite the opposite. While I can recognize my nostalgia, I accept the fact that the world moves on and you have to make the big choices and the big separations.

It's what makes you grow up. And as much as we'd all like to avoid such things, they have to happen.

A lovely Thanksgiving. I'm so weirded out by not having to work and having 4 days off. I keep thinking today is Sunday, since it should be, but that is not the case. And while I've bailed out on a lot of tentative plans this weekend (mainly involving Chris, Spring, and Dru), I realize it had to happen that way, too.

Spring has even mentioned about my lifestyle catching up with me. Working so much and then forcing myself to have my social life, which can also be quite demanding, can be a bit draining. So it's the holiday and I needed my time to not get out of my pj's and watch DVDs and the UT game from the comfort of my home.

Not to mention, it's cold as balls out. That also helps me to sloth. Too cold to go out. Layers are tiring.

Yup. I'm being a very lazy girl. But it needed to happen. And I have my sister-in-arms with me, and I couldn't be more content about doing absolutely nothing with her except just knowing that she's here.

Much love to all my family--real and adopted--on this Thanksgiving weekend. If anyone can be judged by the company they keep, people must think that I am the most blessed person in the world.

And I am.

If only I were blessed enough to not gain the 19320479823784 lbs. I gained this weekend eating, well then, I'd really have no complaints.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too. I'm glad you got to spend time w/ Ashlee. I love her too. Get your damn plane tix already so that i have something to look forward to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home