Tuesday, December 06, 2005

And now your teeth are red and there's a little bit about you I don't Wanna Know

Man, I love Spoon.

Good stuff.

I realize I haven't been writing as much. Work is keeping me fairly occupied, and my thoughts have been keeping me moreso when that's not the case.

It's a little bit about creation. It's a little bit about destruction. If you listen to the First Law of Thermodynamics, we have no control over either.

In my own world, it makes me wonder where self-destruction fits in.

Wound up in a familiar bed over the weekend. It doesn't take too far of a stretch of the imagination to figure out where.

I told Spring, that my theory is this: Two things can happen when you have sex with a friend--

It is good.

It is bad.

If it is bad, the friendship is safe. It's all, "Ha ha, that was WEIRD, right?"

If it's good, you're screwed. Literally and metaphorically.

Except this weekend, something seemed off. The friendship seems to repairing itself quite nicely in the face of...ummm...a really good time (which would normally be the downfall). I wish he didn't make my knees buckle so much. But, then again, if things remain friendly (and not in that way, even) as they seem to be, I really don't see the problem. It was only an issue when I was wanting more (and I realize now that will never happen) and when he was treating me like shit (which he hasn't been). So now it seems it's not quite the two-steps-forward-three-steps-back as much as three-steps-forward-two-steps back [cue Paula Abdul]. At least some progress is being made slowly but surely. Surely, right? So all the swirlies in my head and thinking and rethinking and all such things...

[brain explodes, heart flees to China]

So once again, I feel like I'm on Square One.

I'm going to write a book one day, and I probably will still have not figured a damn thing out, but it certainly promises to be entertaining.

Perhaps the passage of the weekend where an incredibly wasted Dru was yelling at the snow, calling it a "WINTER WONDERLAND!!" and refusing to go home. My weird guilt about enabling him to be so and practically mothering him into nonexistence. He started getting pissed at me. "You've never been like this! Why are you being like this!?!?" I just didn't want him falling down again. I love Dru, he's like a big brother to me, so I guess he didn't take too kindly to me trying to be Mommy Dearest. Somehow, I still felt guilty-- I take on the sins of others--I'm like Jesus. Ha, ha. Not really. Because I'd have a ton more money if I could do that water-into-wine thing.

Commercialization of miracles. Welcome to the 21st Century, folks.

Speaking of the bastardization of Christianity, it's shit like this that makes me glad I don't associate myself with that crowd anymore. Not-so-intelligent-design, methinks. Let me know how God takes that one when you show up at His door. I love to see Christians really get into the spirit of the season. Give back. Give back and give concussions. That's what Jesus would do.

And I should know.

And yo ho yo ho, it's off to work I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home