Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Nipples Hard in Designer Bras

That's a little sample of this song, which cracks me up. Man, and I thought 'Lil Kim was dirty.

I love playing this song at my desk while I'm looking at VERY technical things. Cracks me up every time.

Absolutely lovely day. And that's saying something. That lyric was inspired by the fact that it should be a totally shitty day, due to this. That's right, people. IT. IS. FREAKING. COLD. TODAY. The kind of wind that takes half your face with it. Should be a crappy day, but it's not.

A couple of things contributed to this good mood.

Never one to ask for something frivolous for Christmas, I decided to break with tradition. So even though I need:

--A bedframe (mattress still on the floor, kids. Classy)
--A microwave (and I'm tired of heating up tortillas on the stove)
--A bookcase (I'm finding books that I have stashed in every possible crevice in my room)

Fuck that. I've worked my ass off this year. I want something fun. So I asked Dad for an iPod.

And today, it arrived. And not just any old iPod. Look at this badboy:



Dad and Freda even had my name engraved on the back. AWESOME. Considering so much of my time at work is spent in front of my computer on quality control, lots of music is key, and I'm tired of all my CDs.

Bring on the technobabe. For reals. I have no clue how to use it yet, but I'll get there. Don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

On the work front, I took on an extra project of researching images that could be used for the firm's ad campaign. It was a nice way to do something creative, and think outside my little team box. And generally I feel unnoticed or underappreciated in what I do, but then I get this email from the guy I had been working on this for. He sent it to our hiring attorney and apparently, the partners of the firm:

-----Original Message-----
From: [DUDE I'M DOING THE PROJECT FOR]
To: [IMPORTANT HIGHER-UPS]
Sent: Wed Dec 07 11:00:57 2005
Subject: Carrie

Carrie's been doing a great job on the image search for our ads. She got it right away and came up with a number of images that I (and [WAY HIGHER-UPS and EVEN HIGHER-UPS) loved and I think we're going to end up using. You should drop by if you get a chance and see the ads. We need to do a little more searching so I hope she can help us a little bit more. Thanks. [DUDE].

_______________________________

Well, that just makes a girl feel nice. And it opens the door for other opportunities, I hope. But it's nice to know all the extra work I put in to do it (skipping lunch, working from home when I'm not at the office, etc) didn't go unnoticed.

And to put a freaking cherry on top of it all, Sharon is kindly setting up a brunch at her and Jeremy's place with me, Chris, Spring, and the first guy who gave me the flutters in a really long time. Not a date (I have to find a wingman, otherwise, it's totally conspicuous the intentions of said-brunch), but just a do-we-vibe-each-other gathering.

My friends are good to me. Even when they shouldn't be. Because I'm embezzling from them. HA! I'm kidding. And you know I'm kidding because all my friends are just as broke as me.

[Sigh]

Happy Day. If it were 1230948293849 degrees warmer, it'd be perfect.

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger kss said...

i think it may be just as cold in austin!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger C said...

Yeah, my mom wrote me an email how everyone in Austin is FREAKING OUT about the cold. And then she mocked them.

And I wrote her back saying to be fair, you should see how New Yorkers react to the heat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home