Saturday, January 14, 2006

Yeah, so What?

Sing to me, Ani:

so it takes two beers to remember now
and five to forget


I should have known better than to go out on Friday the 13th. Should've known.

But in the face of temptation and wounded pride, I turned down Bad Idea Sex. It would have been so easy. It would have been for all the wrong reasons. And I'm finally trying to learn from my mistakes.

I turned it down. Year of the Fabulous, people. Year. Of. The. Fabulous.

It's gonna be me and the C chord from here on out.

He wasn't for me. Neither was he. Neither was that one or this one or the next one or the one breathing down my neck or the one...well, pick a guy, any guy. Crying over boys that aren't worth it is so last season. But every once in a while, I go retro.

I finally talked to Dru. We worked out our issues. He's sorry. I'm sorry for it all. We'll take it from there. I've missed him. I've missed a step. I've missed out on it all.

I am a mess and a burden to those who love me. I love big and laugh loud and cry easily. I am a fighter who doesn't like to fight. A drama queen who hates drama. A lover afraid of love and a tired girl who can't sleep. And no, it isn't ironic, Alanis.

I am 10,000 little pieces.

so it takes two beers to remember now
and five to forget

4 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a legend around here. A killer buried, but NOT dead. A curse on Crystal Lake, a death curse. Jason Voorhees' curse. They say he died as a boy, but he keeps coming back. Few have seen him and lived. Some have even tried to stop him. NO ONE can.

Friday the 13th.

NEVER FORGET

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger C said...

You mock the serious entries, too?

You're a tough one, Sir Spencer.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keepin' you on your toes! It was a good entry, just couldn't pass up keeping my trend alive. You know anytime you're down, I'm there for you if you need to vent. :)

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I go by either Sir Spence or Spence Sir. Most people choose the latter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home