Wednesday, February 22, 2006

One Wound-up Punch of Intuition

I don't think it's too much to ask for
That while I'm crying
and melting
And wishing that the world would waste away
You could be a little miserable too
I'm selfish
I want to spit in your cup to make you sick
like me
There are all these masses that I'm coughing
Into a napkin
Green and red
Blood and Glass
It's just another fucking virus
That's all love is too
And I got infected by the kind that
Can't be given to others
You just have to wait this one out
Let it run its course
But I'm selfish
I want to drag you down with me
This doesn't feel better and so you shouldn't
Karma really is a bitch
Because she's raining down on me
And you have nothing but blue skies
And it's not fair
Even if the pebble in your shoe
Is your own fault for not pulling it out
Sooner
This is shit
It was always shit
And even if every single thing I have felt
And experienced
Was all a creation of my scattered little brain
The Placebo Effect is a powerful thing
So it makes sense to me as this ravages my body
Just another fucking virus on top of another
I can spit in your cup and I can't make you feel
What I feel
But maybe I can make you feel like shit
And that's good enough for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home