Thursday, January 06, 2005

If you're gonna spew, spew into this...

I threw up this morning at work again.

This is an interesting morning-sickness thing. It makes me scared that I'm pregnant. I know that's a little paranoid, but not too much after the events of New Years, which happened right after my period. I await the next one with baited breath. Dear Lord, please don't have me carrying Sleazy, Jr. It's just too awful of a thought. If Sleazy does procreate, though, it won't be by the Lord's hand, that's for sure.

-----------------

Last night was Abby's last night in NYC. And like champs, she, Devon, and I braved the icky weather because damnit, we need to go out. I feel bad that Abby probably feels her time was wasted here.

She got to meet Daniel, who I knew she'd love. Of course, she was predisposed to love him, since Sleazy doesn't, and that means obviously he has merit. And Ryan joined us and we didn't know where they were hiding all the bars and Devon and I peed in the street (and activity that I just find the most amusing thing in the world--I can always hold it, I just choose not to. One of these days, I'm gonna get busted. And that day will be hilarious).

My favorite quote of the night:

Daniel: I don't like when you cut me down like that in front of my friends and your sister. It makes me feel less than.

Me: Does that mean I won't be peeing on you later?

Daniel: Oh, there WILL be peeing. I'm talking about self-respect, though.

This all sprung from the fact that the first place we went to have a drink called a Golden Shower. We clung to that idea all night and it was hilarious. To us, at least.

I told him I'd give him a golden shower if he cast me in the show. We called it the Casting Toilet.

I laughed sincerely for the first time in what seems like forever. I like to think that this means I'm turning a corner on the whole thing, but I'm still checking the New Journal. I know it's bad, but I keep hoping me reading all this stuff that pisses me off will let it sink in that he's not the great guy I imagined he was. And I imagine a lot of that has to do with my own pride on giving up on it.

If you want to check the New Journal (it has a very interesting version of our break-up), the name is houseofmeta on LiveJournal. But you probably shouldn't. I know I shouldn't. But like so many of my other habits, it's all pretty self-destructive.

"Yeah, I'll walk the plank
I'll jump with a smile
If I'm gonna go down
I'm gonna do it with style"

----------------------

Travel well, Abby. Kick ass on your job interview. May flocks of angels carry you to San Diego.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home