Thursday, September 08, 2005

Let's Make Believe that We are Wealthy for Just This Once

Things are weird now. I'm not quite sure if I'm getting mono or if I'm just depressed.

It was great to see Kristen, though. I'm gonna wait on detailing our journey until I get:

a)my pictures back
b)Kristen's pictures sent to me [hint hint]

But things are hard at my job right now. It's hard when you're not liked. But I'm doing the best that I can and that's all I really can do so, eh.

Yup.

Eh.

So I did what any girl in my position would do. I planned on going to bellydancing and then going to Hooters.

Neither of these things happened. Sharon's feeling woozy from too much sun on her vacation, and I respect that. So I went home.

And I had the place to myself. This is exciting on multiple levels. Well, really just one. Because I live with three boys. And they're great, but right now, I hate men so much I get slightly rageful at being around any man.

So maybe this isn't the best time to try to start dating. It wouldn't be a fair shot. Jesus could be courting me and I'd be all,

"Water into wine? What, are you trying to get me drunk and then take advantage of me? Pig."

"But Carrie darling, I'm the Son of God. I am peace and love and redemption."

"Do you have a penis?"

"Well, yes..."

"Then get away from me, piggie."

It's kinda like that.

When you're feeling as low as I have been, you gotta take care of yourself. Having the place to myself was freeing. I had a beer (or two), cleaned out my closet (I'm organizing between me and the temp attorneys and my fellow paralegals a shipment of goods/supplies/clothes for the hurricane victims) and watched what I always get made fun of for watching at home. Which would be my excessive obsessions with both Forensic Files and Six Feet Under.

In my underwear. Hells yeah.

It's hard feeling so self-obsessed and self-pitying when you KNOW there's real stuff going on. I thought organizing the supply drive and stuff might help, but nope, still feel like shit. But at least there's more room in my closet now.

I feel bad. I had cleaned out my closet pretty thoroughly for this move, so there wasn't a lot to choose from. And what do you send when the only stuff you can really get rid of (because they're not clothes that you wear all the time and wear to work and stuff) and the only things left are kinda skanky going out tops that you never wear? Well, I decided to send some of those anyway. But after you survived a hurricane and displacement, do you really want a sparkly black tank? I don't know. We'll see. But that top always made me feel fat, so maybe it will help someone who lost everything feel fabulous.

I still feel like shit, though. Oh well. Hibernation it is, then.

10 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry again for being a poop.

Whatchoo got going on Saturday night?

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, hey, are you interested in seeing The Brothers Grimm? And then drinking?

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger C said...

I could do a movie tomorrow. Not tonight. I have a phone date and sadly, I'm trying to catch the OC and also I'm very sleepy.

But Saturday I could do ALL those options. Sounds good. Hoozah.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Saturday is what I meant

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie!
I feel your pain. Well, just my pain and not really anyone else's. Which sounds like the same thing. I hate men too. We should commiserate.
Sarah S.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger d said...

did that just happen?

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger C said...

Yes, Daniel, that just happened.

I'm always willing to bitch about men.

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Daniel!!!

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daniel

I have a theatrical idea I want to share with you.

sometime, we should talk.

but it's fun to communicate through Carrie's blog wall.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger d said...

Hi Sharon! Hi Marina. Let's take over Carrie's blog for a day or two so that she can't write about what she wants. Mwa ha ha ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home