Thursday, September 01, 2005

Open Up My Head and Let Me Out

Alright. Before I go into my self-indulgent tales, you'd have to be on another planet to not be following this. This shit is scary, folks. But, thankfully, luckily, our friend Bridget (NTI-er) is safe and has fled to Texas. Bet they never thought they'd have to worry about people running over the LA/TX border.

I am digusted that the relief effort seems so botched. I am disturbed that with all the technology we have, apparently they thought a big sand bag would prevent New Orleans from flooding. I am furious that people act like it was such a sacrifice for Bush to cut his vacation early to deal with this. Of course he did. Welcome to being the fucking president, you jerk off. The fact that he is ALWAYS on vacation is even beside the point. I am sad that so many people couldn't AFFORD to evacuate, basically condemning them to death or the chaos that has followed. This is wrong. This seems to be the gods telling us something. This looks an awful lot like the end of the world.

I know, I know. Concerned about someone other than myself? What have you done with me?

Well, shit. Now that I've written that, I don't really feel like going into my epic night of fun last night. I guess I should go Cliff Notes on it, then.

--Saw a band that hasn't seen me naked. They courted me on MySpace and I went to the show. They were good. Like Flaming Lips odd and some of the band members looked like Napoleon Dynamite, but interesting. I'll probably check them out again.

--Weirdly enough, this kinda cute guy who was chatting me up turned out to be IN that band. I come back to the table with a grin on my face (not even because he was cute, but out of the sheer coicendence). Robert takes one look at me and says, "You've met another rock star, haven't you?" Ha ha. I'm on a No-Rock-Star-Diet.

--Conor and his lady friend joined us. I was very,very happy to see him. We haven't hung out in two months. For reals. I find it unacceptable and we're both to blame for that. After seeing how happy we were in each other's company again, Conor's lady friend decided to move back to California because she misses her best friend. It's sweet and yet a little odd at the same time. Sorry, Conor, I guess. Oops.

--I totally did not know how to tell the cabbie how to get to my place in Brooklyn. We get way lost and I tip him an exorbitant amount for putting up with my ignorant and fairly tipsy self.

--I come home and chat with Travis. Nothing weird there. I wake up this morning and he's passed out naked on the couch (he had a blanket covering, well, almost all of him). Naked. Except for socks. I swear. He's an odd one, that one, I tell ya.

I'm a little sick to my stomach today. I'm on my second Vitamin Water and the day is nowhere near finished. I'll be very happy when Lee is back because Robert and I have been working our butts off. I like my pace a little slower and easier, thank you. But perhaps mono is looming on my horizon, and then she can cover me.

That is, of course, unless the world coming to an end beats me to it.

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps you could have lee cough on a rag and seal it in a jar, and then when she comes back on the job you can rub it all over your tongue.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger d said...

That's your answer to everything.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger C said...

Indeed it is. Indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home