Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Having New York City by the Short 'N Curlies

That disgusting phrase is courtesy of my mom. Where do you think I get it from?

They were bluffing Friday, but not today.

STRIKE!


I'm at home. I can't find a way into work, and it's four miles in 22 degree weather if I wanted to walk, so ummm...yeah. Doing the best I can, but at this point, doesn't look promising.

I don't feel too bad. I stayed late (very late) last night to get stuff done that needed to in case something like this happened. And it did. And I probably would have been very grumpy had I done all that work and there WASN'T a strike. Not that I wasn't grumpy about staying late, but I'd be even grumpier.

New York is a little frantic right now. I just hope this all gets cleared up by the time I need to get to the airport to go to San Diego to be with my family for Christmas, or it could be the Strike that Ruined Christmas. And that's a PR nightmare for them I can't even begin to comprehend.

This city does nothing if not keep you on your toes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home