Monday, January 10, 2005

and now for something completely different...

Jesus was way cool. To quote Beck.

I had a long discussion on Saturday with Liz about religion and how current Christians give Christianity a bad name. Like the sentence "Jesus hates..." followed by anything should really clue you in to the fact that this person is not, in fact, a Christian.

Jesus was cool. Even if he thought homosexuality was a sin, you know he'd be hanging out at Boyz Cellar. He'd be Dustin's wing-man.

He turned water into wine. Way cool. And a neat trick to bring to a party.

I bet he turned plants into other stuff as well. Hey man, it wasn't illegal back then.

He was a liberal Jew. He was a rebel. He was the first punk RAWKer.

Anyway, I get annoyed when I see people who yell at me with stuff like "Follow Jesus or be Damned!"

Because really, Jesus wasn't the "blindly follow" type guy. If you wanted to join him, that's coo, but do it on your own valition. Fear is a stupid reason to do anything. Like, I don't know, invade a country or something.

All the same, I'm not even a Christian, but I'll stick up for Jesus. He was a cool dude and people are totally misunderstanding him.

Relax. Breathe. Try to be a decent human being. And for the love of Christ (ha ha), stop yelling at people! Especially me. I'm trying to wallow here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home